Amoxicillin ER Dosage
The standard recommended amoxicillin ER dosage for treating strep throat is the same for everyone: one tablet taken once daily for 10 days. This prescription medication is approved for use in adults and children who are at least 12 years old. It may not work adequately or bacterial resistance may develop if you stop taking it too soon.
Amoxicillin ER Dosing: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose for amoxicillin ER (Moxatag™), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Recommended Dose of Amoxicillin ERThe recommended amoxicillin ER dosage for treating strep throat in people 12 years of age and older is one tablet (775 mg) once daily for 10 days.
General Information on Your Amoxicillin ER DosageSome considerations for people taking amoxicillin ER include the following:
- This medicine comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Your dose of amoxicillin ER should be taken within one hour after finishing a meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or dissolve them.
- Make sure to finish your prescription. Usually, it is taken for a full 10 days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Amoxicillin ER may not work adequately or bacterial resistance may develop if you stop taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your amoxicillin ER dosing, please talk with your healthcare provider.