Side Effects of Amoxicillin ER
Among the most common side effects of amoxicillin ER are diarrhea, nausea, and vaginal yeast infections. Although most problems tend to be mild and are generally easy to treat, some are potentially serious and may require immediate medical care. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you develop serious reactions, such as breathing problems, seizures, or bloody diarrhea.
An Introduction to Amoxicillin ER Side EffectsJust like any medicine, amoxicillin ER (Moxatag™) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with amoxicillin ER. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of amoxicillin ER side effects with you.)
Side Effects of Amoxicillin ER to ReportSome amoxicillin ER side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea (which can occur even after you have finished the medication)
- Signs of liver damage, such as:
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Upper-right abdominal (stomach) pain
- Dark urine
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling (especially of the lips, mouth, or throat)
- Wheezing or other breathing problems.