Amoxil comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Amoxil 500 mg capsules
- Amoxil 500 mg tablets
- Amoxil 875 mg tablets
- Amoxil 200 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxil 400 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxil 200 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 50, 75, and 100 mL bottles)
- Amoxil 250 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 100 and 150 mL bottles)
- Amoxil 400 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 50, 75, and 100 mL bottles)
- Amoxil 50 mg/mL pediatric drops (available in 50 mL bottles).
Store Amoxil capsules, tablets, and chewable tablets at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. It is best to keep the suspension and pediatric drops in the refrigerator after they have been mixed (by your pharmacist), although this is not necessary. The suspension and drops must be discarded within 14 days of being mixed.
Keep Amoxil and all medications out of the reach of children.
Currently, this medication is available in generic form.
(Click Generic Amoxicillin for more information.)