Some other information for people taking azithromycin includes:
- Azithromycin should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your system.
- Azithromycin tablets and immediate-release liquid suspensions can be taken with or without food. If these dosage forms upset your stomach, taking it with food may help.
- Azithromycin extended-release suspension should be taken without food, either one hour before eating or two hours after.
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose.
- For azithromycin to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed.
- Make sure that you complete your entire prescription of azithromycin, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.
- Never take outdated azithromycin. Taking any outdated medication may cause serious problems because the intended effects often change after expiration.
- If you are unsure about anything related to azithromycin or your azithromycin dosage, please talk with your doctor or pharmacist. Do not stop taking azithromycin without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.