Generic azithromycin is sold under the names Azithromycin tablets and Azithromycin oral suspension (liquid). Some available strengths of Azithromycin tablets include 250 mg, 500 mg, and 600 mg. The oral suspension form of the drug also comes in a number of strengths, including 100 mg/5 mL and 200 mg/5 mL. A few of the companies that manufacture generic azithromycin include Sandoz, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Pliva.
Generic Azithromycin: An Overview
- Treatment of a bacterial infection, such as:
o Respiratory infections (including bronchitis)o Ear infections (otitis media)o Throat infections (tonsillitis/pharyngitis)o Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD), including:
Azithromycin is manufactured by Pfizer and has come off patent, making it available as a generic.
Generic Azithromycin: Strengths
Generic azithromycin is sold under the name Azithromycin tablets and Azithromycin oral suspension (liquid). It comes in a number of different strengths, including:
- Azithromycin 250 mg tablets
- Azithromycin 500 mg tablets
- Azithromycin 600 mg tablets
- Azithromycin 100 mg/5 mL oral suspension -- each teaspoon (5 ml) containing 100 mg of azithromycin
- Azithromycin 200 mg/5 mL oral suspension -- each teaspoon (5 ml) containing 200 mg of azithromycin.