Effects of BiocefBy affecting the bacteria's cell wall, Biocef ultimately kills the bacteria and prevents the spread of infection in the body.
When and How Do I Take Biocef?General considerations for when and how to take Biocef include the following:
- Biocef comes as a capsule or liquid suspension. It is usually taken two to four times a day, depending on your healthcare provider's instructions.
- Biocef can be taken with or without food.
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose.
- Biocef should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your system.
- For Biocef to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Make sure that you complete your entire prescription of Biocef, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.
- Never take outdated Biocef. Taking any outdated medication may cause serious problems, because the intended effects often change after the medicine expires.
Dietary Considerations With BiocefThere are no dietary restrictions with Biocef. If you suffer from an upset stomach while taking it, try taking Biocef with food or milk.
Dosing Information for BiocefThe dose of Biocef that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Your age
- If you have decreased kidney function
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As with any drug, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Dosing With Biocef for more information.)