Cefixime 400 Mg
If you have a bacterial infection, your healthcare provider may recommend 400 mg of cefixime (Suprax®) taken once or twice daily. This prescription medicine comes in the form of tablets or an oral suspension (liquid). Your specific dosage, however, will depend on the type and severity of your infection, among other factors.
The forms and strengths of cefixime include the following:
- Cefixime 400 mg tablets and capsules
- Cefixime 100 mg, 150 mg, and 200 mg chewable tablets
- Cefixime 100 mg per 5 mL for oral suspension
- Cefixime 200 mg per 5 mL for oral suspension
- Cefixime 500 mg per 5 mL for oral suspension.
Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic and works by stopping bacteria from making cell walls, which eventually causes the bacteria to die. Cephalosporins are related to penicillin medications.
(Click Cefixime for more details on how and when to take this medication.)