General Information on Taking Cefixime
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with cefixime include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet, chewable tablet, capsule, or oral suspension (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- The length of treatment recommended will vary, depending on the type and severity of the infection.
- You may take this medication with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose of cefixime.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping it too soon can lead to more serious infections.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or cefixime dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.