Cefpodoxime Side Effects
Cefpodoxime has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the possible side effects were carefully documented.
In these studies, the most common cefpodoxime side effects in adults included:
- Diarrhea -- in up to 7 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 3.3 percent
- Infections of the vulva or vagina -- up to 1.3 percent
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- up to 1.2 percent
- Vaginal yeast infections -- up to 1 percent
- Headache -- up to 1 percent.
For children, the most common reactions included:
- Diarrhea -- in up to 6 percent of children overall, but up to 12.8 percent of toddlers and infants
- Vomiting -- up to 2.3 percent
- Diaper rash -- up to 2 percent overall, but up to 8.5 percent of toddlers and infants
- Skin rashes -- up to 1.8 percent.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking cefpodoxime or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.