Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with cefprozil include the following:
- This medication comes as a tablet or an oral suspension (liquid). It is taken by mouth, usually once or twice a day.
- You can take cefprozil with or without food.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping it too soon can lead to a more serious infection.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or cefprozil dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.