Cipro Warnings and Precautions
You may not be able to take Cipro if you are currently taking tizanidine, have tendon problems, or have certain allergies. Also, tell your healthcare provider if you have any tendon pain, soreness, or swelling while taking Cipro, as this medication can cause tendon damage. Being aware of the warnings and precautions for Cipro will help ensure a safe, effective treatment process.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Cipro® (ciprofloxacin) if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Tendon problems
- Nerve problems
- Ever had a seizure or have epilepsy
- An irregular heartbeat or a heart rhythm problem known as QT prolongation, or have family members with these problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis or other problems with your joints
- Low potassium levels in the blood
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis (hardening and thickening of the arteries of the brain)
- Any allergies, including allergies to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- Myasthenia gravis.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.