General Dosing InformationSome considerations to keep in mind when taking Furadantin include the following:
- The medication comes as a suspension (liquid) that is usually taken by mouth four times daily, although it can be taken just once a day for long-term UTI prevention.
- Furadantin should be taken with food, as food increases the absorption of this antibiotic.
- It does not matter what times of day you take this medication. However, try to space the doses out evenly through the day, as reasonably as possible.
- For Furadantin to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work adequately if you stop taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Furadantin dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.