Some considerations for people taking levofloxacin include the following:
- Levofloxacin comes as tablets, an oral solution (liquid), and an injection form. It is usually taken once a day.
- You can take the tablets with food or on an empty stomach. However, levofloxacin oral solution must be taken at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Levofloxacin can be taken at any time of the day; however, be sure to take the medication at the same time each day (to make sure there is approximately 24 hours between doses).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Levofloxacin will not work if you stop taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or levofloxacin dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.