Bacteria Home > Amoxil Side Effects
Nausea and vomiting, insomnia, and dizziness are some of the bothersome but usually not dangerous side effects of Amoxil. Most people tolerate the drug well, but it is possible for more serious side effects to occur. Potentially serious Amoxil side effects that should be reported to a healthcare provider immediately include bloody diarrhea (which can occur even after finishing the medication), vaginal yeast infection, and seizures.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Amoxil® (amoxicillin). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Amoxil. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Amoxil side effects with you.)
There are a number of possible side effects with Amoxil that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider, including, but not limited to:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea (which can occur even after you have finished the medication)
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice), upper right abdominal pain, or dark urine
- A vaginal yeast infection or thrush (a yeast infection of the mouth)
- Anxiety or agitation
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling (especially of the lips, mouth, or throat)
- Wheezing or other breathing problems.