Bacteria Home > Cefprozil
As a type of antibiotic, cefprozil is used to treat various bacterial infections. This prescription drug works to kill bacteria by preventing them from making cell walls. It comes as a tablet or an oral liquid, and is usually taken once or twice a day. Diarrhea, a rash, and nausea are some of the possible side effects.
- A rash.
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- An allergy to cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics
- Any other allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Cefzil and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Cefzil and Breastfeeding).