Bacteria Home > Furadantin Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of Furadantin are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of liver problems, such as:
- Yellow eyes
- Yellow skin (jaundice)
- Very dark urine (although Furadantin can cause a harmless discoloration of urine)
- Upper-right abdominal pain
- Signs of lung problems (which are more common with long-term use of Furadantin), such as:
- Shortness of breath during exertion
- A general ill feeling
- Chest pain
- Blue skin
- Unusual sensations in the hands or feet
- Very severe, bloody, or watery diarrhea
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Furadantin. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.