Bacteria Home > Norfloxacin
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking norfloxacin if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Tendon problems
- Any nerve disorders, such as neuropathy
- A history of seizures or have epilepsy
- An irregular heartbeat or a heart rhythm problem known as QT prolongation, or have family members with these problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis or other problems with your joints
- Myasthenia gravis
- Low blood potassium (hypokalemia)
- Any allergies, including to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Noroxin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Noroxin and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for NorfloxacinThe dose of norfloxacin your healthcare provider recommends will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The type and severity of the infection being treated
- How well your kidneys function.