Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- An allergy to cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics
- Any other allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Mefoxin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Mefoxin and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Mefoxin Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Mefoxin?An overdose of this medication can cause serious problems, such as seizures or a coma. If you think you have been given too much, alert the medical staff immediately.
(Click Mefoxin Overdose for more information.)