General Information on Taking NorfloxacinSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with norfloxacin include the following:
- This medication should be taken on an empty stomach at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Norfloxacin should not be taken with milk or calcium-fortified juices, such as orange juice. Take your dose with a glass of water.
- Make sure you drink plenty of fluids to stay well hydrated during treatment.
- Norfloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It will not treat infections caused by viruses, such as the common cold or flu.
- You should start to feel better within a couple days of starting treatment. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. Make sure you finish the entire course of this medicine. Stopping it too early may cause your symptoms to return or lead to antibiotic resistance.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you have questions on anything related to dosing with norfloxacin, ask your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.